Lung Cancer Screening Program at UCSF
Screening can detect early lung cancer in at-risk patients, when the disease is potentially more treatable and curable.
- Offers the earliest detection options
- Allows for the most comprehensive treatment plans
- Shown to reduce lung cancer deaths by as much as 20%
- Employs low-dose protocols to greatly reduce radiation exposure
- UCSF is a pioneer in the field
- Quick & painless procedure
- If you currently smoke or quit smoking less than 15 years ago;
- and you are 55–77 years old
The following information is from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) in unedited form.